Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thor Movie

Well, the last time I addressed this it was for some cartoon version that looked like it would stink.  This is a live action version that focuses on Thor as a Marvel comics superhero.  Don't expect to see Spider-Man or the X-Men in this movie (although it is likely that Iron Man might make a cameo at the end).  Instead, this is a movie that shows how Thor came around to hanging out in the present day world.

It is directed by Kenneth Branagh and it stars Natalie Portman, Chris Hemsworth, Idris Elba, and Anthony Hopkins.  I plan on seeing it, although with three kids, I might not get to it until Netflicks.  Check out the trailer below and let me know what you think.  I'm especially interested in the mythology fan who doesn't read comic books.  Does this still peak your interest or not?


3 comments:

David Scholes said...

I believe the Thor 2011 movie will do very well. The SDCC Thor movie trailer was encouraging and there seems a lot of interest out there well beyond the traditional comic fan base.

As an Aussie science fiction writer I’ve been a Marvel Thor fan since the original Journey into Mystery of August 1962.

If you get a chance check out some of my Marvel (mainly Thor) fan fiction. Just scroll down below my author profile and you will see over 40 fan fiction stories here:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1276881/David_Scholes

Cheers

Dani Harper, Author said...

Really looking forward to the THOR movie. I grew up reading superhero comics and he was a favorite. I confess that I really enjoy the movies being made from graphic novels, from Hellboy to Ironman.

Mark Alford said...

David, I'll definitely check out some of your work. Can't wait. I've got a superhero question for you. I know in England they have some Marvel comics that only come out in England. Does The Land Down Under have some Aussie-only comics made by Marvel?

Dani, me too. I'm a sucker for a good (and sometimes bad) comic book movie. I'm looking forward to this movie to get my superhero fix as well as a shot of mythology.