Sunday, January 24, 2010

Clash of the Gods


Clash of the Gods is not a mistype on my part.  It is a great TV series on the History channel.  I recently found it and caught a few episodes.  Yes, it is a documentary and suffers from the ailments that all documentaries suffer from, but it is very informative and entertaining.  I am DVRing them now and watching them when I have the TV to myself.  I saw one recently on sacrificing to the gods that was pretty bloody and really got me attention.  For the fainter at heart, most shows don't go for gore factor.

While most seem to focus on the Greek and Roman myths, there are plenty that cover bits of Norse, Celtic, and even Aztec.  They have a series of episodes on Hercules and I have two I've yet to watch on the myth origins of Beowulf and the Tolkien stories.

You can check out the show's web site here:
http://www.history.com/video.do?name=ClashoftheGods

I give this a 4 lightning bolts out of five.  Check it out!  Leave a post if you've caught an episode or two and let me know what you think.

No comments: