Thursday, November 13, 2008

Tag, I'm It

Ailia tagged me over at Paleothea, so now I'm it in a brutal game of meme. If you've never heard of meme, here are the rules:

1. Link you the person who tagged you. Done! (see above)
2. Post the rules on your blog. Done! (see here)
3. Write six random things about yourself.

O.K.
1.
I have a fantastic wife and two little boys one 9 and one 5 (who contributed his thoughts to this blog a few weeks ago)
2. I love watching Survivor and The Amazing Race
3. I still hold the record in the 500 freestyle at my high school set back in 1985 (yes, I'm OLD)
4. I love looking at stars through my telescope
5. I have two dogs, a golden retriever named Orry (short for Aurora) and a black lab puppy named Krypto (after Superman's dog)
6. My students named me Lord Alford instead of Mr. Alford when I was trying to teach Romeo and Juliet and they couldn't understand why people were called Lord Capulet and Lord Montague. The name stuck and students came in the next year calling me that. I attached it to this blog because originally it was going to be used only for class, but now it just looks like I'm full of myself.

4. Tag six people at the end of your post and then link them.
I'll tag Dani Harper at Romancing the Wolf, Carmen Forward at the Pomegranate Blog, Carla at the English Teacher's Blog, and here I'm breaking the rules (that's right Ailia, I'm male so I feel I can break whatever rule I wish) because most of the other blogs I read are either not very personal like Cake Wrecks or 1000 Awesome Things (for that matter, Carla at Web English Teacher is a national site more than a personal site, but I read her everyday, so I'll risk annoying her), or else Ailia already tagged them like Mahud, Aquila ka Hecate, and A. Venefica.

5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave comment on to their blog. Done!

6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Next Post - FEAR or, why comic books aren't great sources for mythological information.

No comments: