Tuesday, November 15, 2011

It's All Fun and Games until Someone Gets an Eye Poked Out

O.K., anyone who has followed this blog any knows that I was not going to actually follow up the first post in my Hercules series with the second post.  I will get to it, I promise.

However, until then, I found this old movie poster and I thought it just looked cool and wanted to share it with you.


Look at the apostrophe on Homer's.  It looks like the artist was doodling and just randomly drew a spear sticking through it.  I especially like the red stuff shooting upwards.  Is that fire or blood?  Either way, looks painful.  And speaking of painful, here is the actual movie, or part of it.  It is a 1911 silent movie and I could only find the Italian version.  




I will, of course, show my class part of it.  They got frustrated when I showed them the wonders of the original Clash of the Titans special effects.  I can't wait until they see these.

If anyone wants to take the time to find an English version of the movie, please post the link in the comments section for me.