Monday, May 23, 2011

Better Book Titles

I just found a fantastic web site that re-titles books.  There are several I like.  The one that first grabbed my attention was for The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne (a horrid book, I assure you - good story, horrid book):




Once I saw that, I thought, "Hey, do they have any mythology titles?"  Obviously since I'm writing about it here on Bubo's Blog, they do.  Oedipus the King by Sophicles is the best by far:




Here are a few runner ups:

Argonautica by Apollonius of Rhodes



 
Antigone by Sophicles




 
Paradise Lost by John Milton





Gilgamesh



 
Check out more at: http://betterbooktitles.com/.  Can you come up with better?  Can you think of a mythology book (or movie) that should be retitled?  Post here no matter when you come across this post.