Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Banned Book Week

Finally I got rid of some virus or malware or trojan or whatever it is called and can post again. What a mess.

Anyway, this is banned book week. To celebrate I am showing my students some different books that frequently make the banned book list. Some kids want to read one of them right away since they are not supposed to read such filth.

I went looking for a mythology book that was on a list - I mean mythology has all the bad things, incest, bestiality, violence, magic, all kinds of things. I couldn't find one anywhere. The closest I came was 1001 Arabian Nights. The odd thing is that is was tagged on that list as having sex issues. Maybe I need to go back and read it. Maybe I read an abridged version. I just don't remember anything overtly sexual in it. Djinns, yes. Magic, yes. Violence, yes. Sex? Oh well.

So remember to celebrate and burn some books and stuff! Have a great week!

No comments: